WAT BAILO (วัดใบลอ)
Wat Bailo was located off the city island in the northern area of Ayutthaya in Khlong
Sra Bua sub-district. The temple was situated on the west bank of
Khlong Ban Pla Mo
in an area called
Thung Kaeo.

Wat Klang Khlong Sra Bua stood in the north, Wat Sri Pho and Wat Phrom Kalayaram
in the west and
Wat Chao Ya on its southern side.

In situ is an un-excavated ruin of a monastic structure totally covered with vegetation.
Some brickwork is still standing.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The site is mentioned on
Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926, but indicated
on his map north-east of Wat Klang Khlong Sra Bua. Wat Bailo figures also on the Fine
Arts Department maps.

The site is located in Geo Coord: 14° 22' 11.87" N - 100° 33' 35.54" E.
Remaining brickwork of Wat Bailo
Remaining brickwork of Wat Bailo
Text, maps & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg - March 2010
Reviewed April 2012, March 2014
Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno 1926
Detail of a 1974 Fine Arts Department map
Detail of a 1993 Fine Arts Department map
(Remaining brickwork of Wat Bailo)
(Remaining brickwork of Wat Bailo)
(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
1926)
(Detail of a 1974 Fine Arts Department map -
Courtesy Dr. Surat Lertlum, Chulachomklao Royal
Military Academy)
(Detail of a 1993 Fine Arts Department map -
Courtesy Khun Supot Prommanot, Director of the 3th
Regional Office of Fine Arts)
Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map
(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)