WAT HIP (วัดหิบ)
Wat  Hip or the Monastery of the Chest was located on Ayutthaya's city island, east
of the
Somdet Phra Sri Nakharin Park, in the Ayutthaya Historical Park in Pratu Chai
sub-district

The site is first indicated on a
mid-19th century map northeast of Wat Phram and south
of
Wat Som. Phraya Boran Rachathanin [PBR] situates Wat Hip on the east bank of
Khlong Chakrai Yai, more or less opposite Wat Ubosot. In the north lie Wat Som, while
on its east once stood
Wat Khok Khemi and Wat Khok Khema. The temple is situated
north of what PBR mentions as
Thanon Rong Krai (โรงกราย). The location of Wat
Hip on PBR's map is situated in the vicinity of
Wat Pa Fuk on the 19th century map.

Conclusion of the above is that the location of Wat Hip on both maps does not match.

Finally we find an indication of Wat Hip on a Fine Arts Department archaeological map
drafted in 2007, opposite
Wat Jao Phrap.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The site was located in Geo Coord: 14° 20' 31.68" N, 100° 33' 25.27" E.
Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2010
Updated May 2014
(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
1926)
Detail of a 19th century map
(Detail of a 19th century map)
Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno 1926
Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)