WAT JINGJOK 2 (วัดจิ้งจก)
Wat  Jingjok or the "Monastery of the House Lizard" was located on the city island in
the central area of Ayutthaya in Pratu Chai sub-district. The monastery was situated
north of
Wat Khun Mueang Jai and south of Wat Noi Nang Hong.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The site is indicated on
Phraya Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map drafted in 1926. PBR
situates the temple east of Wat Khun Mueang Jai near a swampy area fed by a canal
linking the now defunct
Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak with Khlong Nai Kai (present Khlong
Makham Riang).

The site is located in Geo Coord: 14° 21' 5.36" N, 100° 34' 16.39" E.
Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted Anno 1926
Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2010
Updated December 2013
(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in
1926)
Extract of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map
(Extract of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)