|WAT KLANG KHLONG SRA BUA (วัดกลางคลองสระบัว)
|Wat Klang was located off the city island in the northern area of Ayutthaya in Khlong
Sra Bua Sub-district. The temple was situated on the east bank of Sra Bua Canal in an
area called Thung Kaeo. Wat Phisua stood on its north side and Wat Raeng in the south.
Wat Sri Pho and Wat Phrom Kalayaram lie in the west opposite the canal.
In situ are the well-known classic monastic structures. The new ordination hall (Th:
ubosot) is built in a mix of Early and Late Ayutthaya style with some Late Ratanakosin
influences. Old satellite chedi are standing in the vicinity of the ubosot.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
The site is mentioned on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926.
Wat Klang Khlong Sra Bua is located in Geo Coord: 14° 22' 16.58" N, 100° 33'
|Text, maps & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg - March 2010
Updated December 2014
|(View of the premises of Wat Klang Khlong Sra Bua)
|(The ordination hall of Wat Klang Khlong Sra Bua)
|(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
|(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)