Wat Krabue or the “Monastery of the Buffalo” was located on the city island in the eastern area at Ho Ratana Chai sub-district. The temple was situated north of Wat Suwandararam and east of Khlong Nai Kai presently called Khlong Makham Riang. Wat Kho and Wat Krabu lie just opposite of each other while Wat Ho Rakhang was situated in its north-west.
The monastery is mentioned in the Royal Chronicles of Ayutthaya. It was in this area that the Siamese army of Phra Maha Thep retreated and regrouped after their stockade on Crystal Island was overrun by the Burmese in their attack of Ayutthaya in 1569.
The Burmese principal effort seems to have occurred in the south east as the northern, western and southern flanks of the city were protected by the rivers, being a natural barrier. The eastern side of the city was easily prone to attack as no real defense line existed. The Pa Sak River did not change its course yet, and a large tract of land - only partially cut by some shallow irrigation canals - lie in front of the city. The troops of Prince Thammaracha from Phitsanulok and the Burmese Uparat (second to the King of Hongsa) advanced over Kaeo Island (Crystal Island - the actual location of Wat Ko Kaeo) towards the city.
The Siamese army was routed again in front of Krabue Monastery and withdrew to regroup near Phao Khao Monastery. Phra Maha Thep’s forces were so scattered that the Siamese could not reform their defense lines and the Burmese were able to enter the city, leading to the first fall of Ayutthaya. The event occurred on 30 August 1569. 
There are no traces any more of the former monastery and it is classified as disappeared. The exact date of its construction is not known. The temple is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin’s map drafted in 1926. On his map is indicated that at that time a brick road ran in between Wat Kho and Wat Krabue. This brick road at a later stage in the 20th century became the Rojana Rd.
 The Royal Chronicles of Ayutthaya - Richard D. Cushman (2006) - page 73 / Source: Phan Canthanumat, British Museum, Reverend Phonnarat, Phra Cakkraphatdiphong & Royal Autograph.