WAT NOI NANG HONG (วัดน้อยนางหงษ์)
Text by Tricky Vandenberg - September 2009
Updated December 2013
Extract of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno 1926
Wat Noi Nang Hong or the "Little Monastery of Lady Swan" was located on the city
island in the eastern area of Ayutthaya in Pratu Chai sub-district. The monastery was
situated northeast of
Wat Khun Mueang Jai, between Khlong Pratu Jin and Khlong Nai
Kai (presently named Khlong Makham Riang).

The monastery is indicated on
Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926. The site
was apparently excavated by the Fine Arts Department as the location appears on their
FAD GIS map of 2007.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are not known.

The site was situated in Geo Coord: 14° 21' 8.73" N, 100° 34' 19.93" E.
(Extract of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
1926)
Extract of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map - Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region
(Extract of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)