WAT PA EK (วัดป่าเอก)
Wat Pa Ek or the "Monastery of the Principal Forest" is a vanished temple formerly
located on Ayutthaya's city island in present Ho Ratanachai sub-district.

The monastery was situated north of
Wat Suwan Dararam and more or less in between
Wat Khok Khamin and Wat (Khok) Phao Khao.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

The temple is not mentioned on
Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926, but
features on a
map drafted during the reign of King Rama III (1824 - 1851).

On studying Phraya Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map and taking
Wat Kamphaeng and
Wat (Khok) Phao Khao as reference points it looks that PBR named this location Wat
Krabu on his map.
Text & map by Tricky Vandenberg - November 2010
(Extract of a 19th century map)