WAT PA FUK (วัดป่าฟูก)
Wat Pa Fuk or the "Monastery of the Mattress Area" was situated on the city island in
the southwestern area in the vicinity of the
Somdet Phra Sri Nakharin Park in Pratu Chai
sub-district. The location is part of
Ayutthaya's Historical Park.

The site is indicated on a
mid-19th century map. The monastery was situated on  the east
bank of Khlong Chakrai Yai, a  canal presently called Khlong Tho, opposite
Wat Bot.
Wat Khok Yai Mi was situated in the south, Wat Noi in the west and Wat Thong Pa Mo
Yai in the northeast.

There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown. The temple must
have been situated in a locality were bedding, such as mattresses, cushions and pillows,
were produced and/or sold. On the oldest map we find written "สนนป่าฟูก", but this is
likely miswritten and should be read as "ถนนป่าฟูก" or Mattress locality street.  

Phraya Boran Rachathanin has no indication of this temple on his
map drafted in 1926,
but positions
Wat Hib in its vicinity.
Text & map by Tricky Vandenberg - April 2011
(Extract of a mid-19th century map)