WAT PA MO (วัดป่ามอ)
Wat Pa Mo or the Monastery of the Bull Quarter is a defunct temple once situated on
the city island in the
Historical Park in Pratu Chai Sub-district.

On Phraya Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map drafted in 1926,
Wat Pa Phai (no traces
anymore) stood in the north; on its west was
Wat Rak  (no traces anymore); south stood
Wat Nong (aka
Wat Thong - no traces anymore). The site is named on PBR's map as
Wat Pa Mok (วัดป่ามอก).

There are no traces of foundations or brick work at ground level and the temple is
classified as defunct. Historical data about the monastery and its construction is unknown.

The monastery could be named after Khlong Pa Mo (ป่าม่อ); a canal which was running
south of its location, being an extension of
Khlong Klaep aka Khlong Tha Phra.

Looking on the mid-19th century map,
Wat Thong Pa Mo Noi is positioned south of
Wat Pa Phai and should be logically the location of PBR's Wat Pa Mo.

On comparing the location with PBR's map, Wat Thong Pa Mo Noi matches with Wat
Nong (named Wat Thong on a FAD map). I have to conclude that Wat Thong Pa Mo
Noi on the mid-19th century map covers the site of two temples on PBR's map being
Wat Thong and Wat Pa Mo, hence its denomination bearing the names of both sites.

Wat Pa Mo was located in Geo. Coord.: 14° 20' 57.15" N, 100° 33' 33.28" E.
Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - October 2009
Updated February 2011, January 2015
(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
1926)
Detail of a 19th century map
(Detail of a 19th century map - map is orientated S-N)
Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno 1926
(Wat Thong Pa Mo Noi on the 19th century map seems
to cover the sites of Wat Pa Mo (Wat Pa Mok) and Wat
Thong (Wat Nong) on PBR's map)
Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map
(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)