|WAT PHAI LOM LEK (วัดไผ่ล้อมเล็ก)
|Wat Phai Lom Lek or the small Monastery surrounded with Bamboo was located
off the city island in the southern area of Ayutthaya in Samphao Lom Sub-district. (1)
The monastery was situated west of Wat Tawet and Wat Tama on the west side of
Khlong Khu Cham.
There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
The site is not indicated on a mid-19th century map and neither on Phraya Boran
Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926, but features on a 1974 Fine Arts Department map.
Wat Phai Lom Lek must have been approximately located in Geo. Coord.: 14° 20' 9.84"
N, 100° 33' 43.84" E.
(1) Literally the sub-district of the capsized junk. The area was known before as Ban
|Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - June 2011
Updated February 2015
|(Detail of a 1974 Fine Arts Department map -
Courtesy Dr. Surat Lertlum, Chulachomklao Royal