WAT SARARI (วัดสาราริ)
Wat Sarari was located off the city island in the northern area of Ayutthaya in Lum Phli
Sub-district, on the edge of
Thung Khwan.

Wat Sarari was located just north of the electrical plant; east of the road # 309 leading
to Ang Thong and the
Naresuan Memorial Park. In situ is a brick mound covered with
vegetation. An electrical mast was constructed on the site.

The monastery was situated northwest of the three temples in line being
Wat Khrut, Wat
Surintharacha and Wat Phai Lom. Wihan Wat Noi stands on the west opposite the road.

The monastery bears probably the name of its female founder. When a temple was built
to earn merit, this was usually expressed in the name of the building. [1]

The monastery is only indicated on a 1993 Fine Arts Department (FAD) maps. The
ruins of temple are situated in Geo Coord: 14° 21' 54.01" N, 100° 33' 11.00" E.

Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.

Footnotes:

(1) ลุ่ม - low lying land / พลี - religious offering.

References:

[1] Buddhist Temples of Thailand - Karl Döhring (1920) - E.J. Tips (2000) - page 9.
View of the location of Wat Sarari
Text, maps & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg
Updated May 2015
(View of the location of Wat Sarari)
View of the location of Wat Sarari
(View of the location of Wat Sarari)
Broken antefix in situ
(Broken antefix in situ)
Detail of a 1993 Fine Arts Department map
(Detail of a 1993 Fine Arts Department map -
Courtesy Khun Supot Prommanot, Director of the 3th
Regional Office of Fine Arts)