|WAT SATABAP (วัดสัตบาป)
|Wat Satabap was located in the Historical Park on Ayutthaya's city island in Pratu Chai
sub-district. The monastery was situated on the west side of Wat Maha That at par with
Wat Nok on Maha That's southern side.
The exact function of this temple, which stood on the west bank of a canal having its
origin at the Kalahom Gate and its mouth at Bueng Phra Ram near Wat Nok, is not
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
The site is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map drafted in 1926 and on a Fine
Arts Department map dating from 1993.
|Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2010
Updated March 2012, December 2014
|(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
|(FAD 1993 map - courtesy by Khun Supot Prommanot
Director of the 3th Regional Office of Fine Arts.)