Wat Thong Pak Mo or the "Golden Monastery at the Mouth of Khlong Mo" was located on the city island in the Historical Park area in Pratu Chai sub-district.
The monastery was situated between Khlong Chakrai Yai and Khlong Chakrai Noi, and south of Khlong Pa Mo. It stood southeast of Wat Pa Fai.
There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
The site is indicated on Phraya Boran Rachathanin's [PBR] map drafted in 1926 and denominated Wat Thong Pak Mo (วัดทองปากหม้อ). ปากหม้อ means "Mouth of the Pot" and is as thus a bit a strange denomination for a temple. More likely it is a miswriting on PBR's map, which should be correctly read as Pa Mo, referring to the Pa Mo canal, which ran north of the temple.
Wat Thong Pak Mo on PBR map matches with Wat Thong Pa Mo Yai on the mid-19th century map.
Text & maps by Tricky Vandenberg - July 2010 Text review March 2011