WAT WANG CHAI 2
at Wang Chai
or the "Monastery of the Palace of Victory" (1) was located on the
city island in the southwestern area of Ayutthaya in Pratu Chai sub-district.
The site is only indicated on a
mid-19th century map
and does not feature on
Boran Rachathanin's (PBR) map
drafted in 1926, which shows only an empty space in
that area. The monastery was situated east of the
and north of the Talaeng
There are no traces anymore visible of the monastery above ground level. The author
presumes this area was already cleared of temple ruins prior Phraya Boran Rachathanin's
arrival in Ayutthaya.
Historical data about the monastery and its construction are unknown.
Text & map by Tricky Vandenberg - April 2011
(Extract of a mid-19th century map)