|WAT KAEO FA(วัดแก้วฟ้า)
|Wat Kaeo Fa of the Monastery of the Azur Glass is a large site covered plentiful still
visible as a lone witness of the past.
To the west remnants of a large chedi-like structure consisting of bricks and laterite can
be seen. The chedi as the rest of the monastic site has been plundered in earlier times.
The site is located off the city island in the southern area of Ayutthaya, west of Khlong
Its historical background and period of construction are unknown.
In the manuscript "Testimony of the king from Wat Pradu Songtham" a document likely
compiled in the Early Ratanakosin Period, is written that in the Ayutthaya era the Cham
of Wat Kaeo Fa weave cloth. Merchants brought the cloth from the Cham of Wat Kaeo
Fa to sell at shops in the Betel Bag or Green-Cloth Market. 
The site is located in Geo Coord: 14° 19' 54.41" N, 100° 33' 54.11" E.
 Geographical description of Ayutthaya: Documents from the palace - Dr Winai
Pongsripian - Bangkok (2007).
 Note on the Testimonies and the Description of Ayutthaya - Chris Baker - Journal of
the Siam Society, Vol. 99, 2011 - page 77 (paragraph on KWPS).
 Markets and Production in the City of Ayutthaya before 1767: Translation and
Analysis of Part of the Description of Ayutthaya - Chris Baker - Journal of the Siam
Society, Vol. 99, 2011- page 62.
|Text & photographs by Tricky Vandenberg - April 2009
Updated November 2013, May 2014
|(Remaining pillar of a monastic structure)
|(Covered brick mound in situ)
|(Detail of Phraya Boran Rachathanin's map - Anno
|(Detail of a 2007 Fine Arts Department GIS map -
Courtesy of the Fine Arts Department - 3th Region)