Wat Suan Luang Khangkhaw or the "Monastery of the Royal Garden of the Bat" is a restored ruin situated in the vicinity of Wat Borom Phuttharam and Wat Singharam. It is located on the city island on the Rajaphat Institute premises, south of Rojana Rd and adjacent to former Khlong Chakrai Noi.
The area was in the boundary of the Royal Palace of King Phetracha (r. 1688-1703) and it is assumed that this area used to be a former royal park, home to many bats; hence its name.
The site includes an ordination hall (ubosot) and a chedi in Ayutthaya style. The ubosot was made of brick and plaster. It is a large construction facing east. The chedi, made of brick and plaster, was indented but actually fallen apart. Only its pedestal remains.
A succession dispute occurred in Cambodia during the reign of King Phumintharacha also called King Tha Sai (r. 1709-1733), causing the King of Cambodia and his followers to request refuge in Ayutthaya. King Tha Sai granted the request and offered a settlement for the Cambodians near this temple. 
Its historical background and period of construction are unknown. The site was accounted as a national ancient site on 16 Jan 1941.